We spent over $6,000 on vet care trying to figure out what was wrong with our basset hound, Mac. After he passed away unexpectedly, we wanted to make sure we were covered with our new pup, Woody.
Our vet recommended Trupanion as the best pet insurance.
After some research, we agreed.
Trupanion covers UNEXPECTED medical expenses.
- It does not cover regular checkups or items that should already be in your budget.
A Trupanion policy covers the medical expenses of ALL unexpected injuries and illnesses your pet may face, including:
We'll cover conditions your breed is prone to inheriting.
- Elbow and hip dysplasia
- Upper respiratory infections
- Thyroid disease
Even if your pet doesn't have an official diagnosis, we'll cover you.
- Change in weight
We'll cover conditions your pet has developed before birth.
- Heart disease
- Nervous system issues
- Liver disease
A Trupanion policy covers does not cover things you can expect, including:
- Exam fees and sales tax (where applicable)
- Spay or neuter
- Preventive care (vaccinations, fleas and tick control, dental chews, etc.)
- Pre-existing conditions — Please know that our policy isn't designed to cover the things that happened before you became a member. Conditions that showed signs during waiting periods or before you enrolled are considered pre-existing and are not eligible for coverage.