Welcome to the most exciting page on Debt Free in Sunny CA! Every month I put a call out to the #debtfreecommunity on Instagram to see how much we've paid off and saved during the month. Community members enthusiastically submit their amounts and share how the month went. After 7 days, I add up the totals and announce the amazing progress the community has made.
We'd love to have you participate each month. You can find instructions on how to add your numbers below.
by the numbers
Debt paid off YTD
134 | 105
241 | 139
240 | 123
208 | 119
186 | 102
201 | 99
224 | 179
190 | 133
So you want to get in on the #debtfreecommunity numbers each month? Well, here's how you do it!
1. On the first of every month, there will be one post on my Instagram feed asking how much debt you paid off and money saved that month.
The description will direct you to the link in my bio where you'll fill out the Google Form. Comments will be turned off to make sure numbers are submitted the correct way.
2. Enter your numbers on the Google Form.
Only numbers are allowed in the field - you'll be prompted to correct if you add a $. 🤑There will be an optional section to submit any wins, leave your IG handle if you want to be tagged if shared, and your email if you would like to be added to my weekly newsletter.
3. Click submit and you are done! 🎉
You are not required to sign in to fill out the form. Your entries will be anonymous unless you leave your Insta handle.
4. On the 8th of the month, the numbers will be tallied up and shared on Instagram. I keep a running total of the numbers on my website.
5. If you missed the deadline for that month, no worries! Just add your numbers to the next month.
Confused about what should be counted as debt paid off or money saved?
Use the quick guide below.
In baby step 1?
Count all money saved towards your $1,000 starter emergency fund. You can also count your minimums paid towards debt as debt paid for the month.
In baby step 2?
Count all baby step 2 minimum payments and extra payments towards debt.
In baby step 3 or above?Count all amounts saved. Emergency fund, investments, general savings, HSAs, it all counts!